Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RootX and 3rd parties Ebay etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 3,034 Posts

Default RootX and 3rd parties Ebay etc.

Thought this would be a good topic for us too.

We all know Dan is a good guy and RootX is a good company
    The problems Dan and the rest of the RootX company are having with RootX being sold to Home Owners directly from Ebay. Impacting our sales of rootX products.

Originally Posted by DanLawrence On another forum
    So here is an update on this eBay issue. eBay will not work with us in removing the listings they told us that the people listing the RootX on eBay is not violating any laws or eBay policies. I have tried every angle on this and they are just not working with us.

I know some of you are saying "just stop selling to them". We would except we don't know who they are. They have no personal information and we have created an eBay account to communicate with them but they refuse to heed to our policies. So what we have done is purchased jars from them to try and get their address, company name, phone number, anything really. If we find out who they are they will not longer be able to purchase RootX from us or our resellers. We take this very seriously, RootX does not want anyone selling our product on any third party website, that includes eBay, Amazon, Google ect.

Guys I know how frustrating it is to have a homeowner question your price when they can purchase it online for cheaper. Just remind them that we will not service them and will not warranty the product if purchased through an auction site. The one yr guarantee is if RootX is applied by a licensed plumbing / drain cleaning professional!
    I just wanted you guys to know that I am doing the best I can since I was put in charge of enforcing this new company policy.

If you guys have any ideas I am open to suggestions? This has been truly a thorn in my side for the past eight months .

Last edited by UnclogNH; 08-03-2010 at 04:03 PM.
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    "We Keep New Hampshire Flowing"
    http://unclognh.com
    603-752-2145 Berlin NH, Area 603-356-6555 North Conway NH, area

Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UnclogNH View Post
    Thought this would be a good topic for us too.

We all know Dan is a good guy
    And the problems He and the rest of the RootX company have with RootX being sold to Home Owners directly from Ebay.

Originally Posted by DanLawrence On another forum
    So here is an update on this eBay issue. eBay will not work with us in removing the listings they told us that the people listing the RootX on eBay is not violating any laws or eBay policies. I have tried every angle on this and they are just not working with us.

I know some of you are saying "just stop selling to them". We would except we don't know who they are. They have no personal information and we have created an eBay account to communicate with them but they refuse to heed to our policies. So what we have done is purchased jars from them to try and get their address, company name, phone number, anything really. If we find out who they are they will not longer be able to purchase RootX from us or our resellers. We take this very seriously, RootX does not want anyone selling our product on any third party website, that includes eBay, Amazon, Google ect.

Guys I know how frustrating it is to have a homeowner question your price when they can purchase it online for cheaper. Just remind them that we will not service them and will not warranty the product if purchased through an auction site. The one yr guarantee is if RootX is applied by a licensed plumbing / drain cleaning professional!
    I just wanted you guys to know that I am doing the best I can since I was put in charge of enforcing this new company policy.

If you guys have any ideas I am open to suggestions? This has been truly a thorn in my side for the past eight months .

Not only that. Is the product real? Is it old? Has it been opened and mixed with other stuff to make more fake bottles of RootX? When they buy from a professional you get it applied right and guaranteed by professionals and Rootx. That is worth the few extra bucks.
    Dan if you really want to know who they are ship yourself in the next shipment jump out of the box and say I got you No more RootX for you.
    Last edited by UnclogNH; 08-03-2010 at 08:44 PM.

Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to UnclogNH For This Useful Post:

DanLawrence (08-05-2010)

Thanks

Honestly I don't think anything can or should be done. I think all we can do is do the best job for our customers, and inform them of the issues. Our society is just moving in that direction. More and more customers are buying their own product. Business owners are just going to have to make changes to the way they do business to handle this change.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Indie For This Useful Post:

UnclogNH (08-03-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times in 1,159 Posts

I was actually thinking about this today. When I searched online for RootX I found most were selling it for very close to what I'd sell it for after you factor in the shipping charges. There were plenty of online sources that had it for right around $50 for a 2 lb. container after shipping.

For the the one year warranty to be honored, does the customer need to provide proof it was applied by a plumber?

Paul

http://rocksteadyplumbing.com/
    Rocksteady Plumbing
    805-237-7625

"I wash my cables with sooper special zircon soap and lube them with zebra fat after every job." -Ace Sewer

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rocksteady For This Useful Post:

Song Dog (08-05-2010), UnclogNH (08-03-2010)

Thanks

Yes, when you order your RootX products from RootX I guess they have you on file. You get warrantee cards info info packets for your customers.
    Fill in the customer info address etc. Your company name, length of sewer and amount used mail warrantee in card
    and they are good for a year. RootX will even mail a reminder for a new rootX service at the end of one year after application.

Only had one call back on RootX Dan was quick to ship out a replacement 2lb bottle at no cost to me.

For the the one year warranty to be honored, does the customer need to provide proof it was applied by a plumber?
    Yes, it has to be applied by a plumber or drain company. If a home owner buys it on ebay uses it wrong they have no warrantee.
    I'm very strick on how I use Rootx I won't sell it unless an Inspection is done showing no issues like sags or blockages that will stop the pipe from foaming.
    Last edited by UnclogNH; 08-03-2010 at 09:37 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to UnclogNH For This Useful Post:

rocksteady (08-03-2010)

Thanks

I had my son build a website selling RootX because a lot of my customers asked for it. They see me apply it and want to do it themselves because it looks easy. They want to save money, but still want to purchase from me. A lot of them mentioned they found it on Ebay and other auction sites. Most of them did not want to buy from there because they rather have a trusted professional sell it to them. On my website, I claim that my customers are backed by the 1 yr. guarantee. Is that not true if someone buys from me, but does it on their own?

A solution to the problem can be setting a minimum price point. If the person is caught selling it for cheaper they can no longer supply RootX. This should include people selling on Ebay. I've seen other companies practice this when affiliates started price wars. Nobody wins in the end when prices drop all the time.
    Countryside Plumbing | Authorized Bio Clean Dealer

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CSP Drain For This Useful Post:

SewerRatz (09-07-2010)

Thanks

CSP I would call RootX & we can explained how the Guarantee works.

Thanks

I was asked once by a customer to apply HIS can of rootx after I had cleaned his line ,it was full of ICE CREME SALT I lmao he was pissed and gonna sue them good luck
    still love the smell of stink in the morning

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by laidback View Post
    I was asked once by a customer to apply HIS can of rootx after I had cleaned his line ,it was full of ICE CREME SALT I lmao he was pissed and gonna sue them good luck

To Fing funny.
    did they get some lube in the box as well ?
    IF YOU CANíT FLUSH I WILL RUSH
    www.appletondrainandsewer.com
    1-920-284-7471
    Appleton WI

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CSP Drain View Post
    I had my son build a website selling RootX because a lot of my customers asked for it. They see me apply it and want to do it themselves because it looks easy. They want to save money, but still want to purchase from me. A lot of them mentioned they found it on Ebay and other auction sites. Most of them did not want to buy from there because they rather have a trusted professional sell it to them. On my website, I claim that my customers are backed by the 1 yr. guarantee. Is that not true if someone buys from me, but does it on their own?

A solution to the problem can be setting a minimum price point. If the person is caught selling it for cheaper they can no longer supply RootX. This should include people selling on Ebay. I've seen other companies practice this when affiliates started price wars. Nobody wins in the end when prices drop all the time.

I just added a page for people to purchase the product from us as well. Microsoft Office Live has a plug in to make the page pretty easy , and lets people choose paypal or google. I just wanted to thank you for reminding me that I forgot to add this page to the site. http://a-archer.com/Bio_Clean_RootX.aspx
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

800-924-5758

Dispatch Points:
    • La Grange IL (708) 579-0200
    • Naperville IL (630) 416-2000
    • Lombard IL (630) 932-9800
    • Elgin IL (847) 742-2727
    • North Aurora IL (630) 897-2727
    • Schaumburg IL (847) 605-1100