Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: got a new toy today.

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Olathe, Kansas
    Posts
    276
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 135 Times in 72 Posts

    Default

    How much do you carry in it? There is only 50 ft each in the machines I bought. they are super light.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,556
    Thanks
    1,890
    Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,321 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by draindit View Post
    How much do you carry in it? There is only 50 ft each in the machines I bought. they are super light.


    100' of .55 plus the 7' anchor cable.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    983
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 428 Times in 260 Posts

    Default

    I've always used 5/8" IC in my 300. Never turned one over in a 4"-6" line.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Olathe, Kansas
    Posts
    276
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 135 Times in 72 Posts

    Default

    5/8" is what I am leaning toward. Although honestly, i cant find much use for the machine period. It is obviously lighter than the 2001 but most jobs I have used it on i end up having to get a larger machine out anyway.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,556
    Thanks
    1,890
    Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,321 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by draindit View Post
    5/8" is what I am leaning toward. Although honestly, i cant find much use for the machine period. It is obviously lighter than the 2001 but most jobs I have used it on i end up having to get a larger machine out anyway.


    If your used to the power of the 2001 then yes, the 300 will seem like a wimp. Again, it does around 90% of my 4" lines without too much of a problem. I've never ran 5/8" but have been told that .55 will outperform it. You also won't get 100' in the drum running 5/8".

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    983
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 428 Times in 260 Posts

    Default

    I have zero experience with magnum cable, but I have considered giving it a try. It's just so damn expensive.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,556
    Thanks
    1,890
    Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,321 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NYC drain guy View Post
    I have zero experience with magnum cable, but I have considered giving it a try. It's just so damn expensive.


    I buy four 25' sections and get one free from my Spartan Rep. Buy 4 of any cable and get one of the same for free.
    Last edited by AssTyme; 08-22-2015 at 03:30 PM.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Olathe, Kansas
    Posts
    276
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 135 Times in 72 Posts

    Default

    What are you guys doing as far as maintenance on your eel cables? How long are the sections lasting you.I am very new to sectional style cable. It seems like it would last a while. I am hoseing mine off between most jobs and spraying it down with wd-40 about once a week...this may not be enough? I really didn't do much to my spartan 3/4 cable. I was replacing it about 2 times a year at least.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    469
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked 157 Times in 98 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by draindit View Post
    What are you guys doing as far as maintenance on your eel cables? How long are the sections lasting you.I am very new to sectional style cable. It seems like it would last a while. I am hoseing mine off between most jobs and spraying it down with wd-40 about once a week...this may not be enough? I really didn't do much to my spartan 3/4 cable. I was replacing it about 2 times a year at least.


    Besides not kinking them I keep some penetrating oil on hand for any sticky connectors.

    Every so often when I have time or their dirty I take the power washer to them, let em dry
    and spray em down with WD-40. I use the gallon containers.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,556
    Thanks
    1,890
    Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,321 Posts

    Default

    I only spray the pin connectors when they get sticky. The WD40 smells worse than chit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •