Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: got a new toy today.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    368
    Thanks
    174
    Thanked 124 Times in 85 Posts

    Default got a new toy today.

    Got an sdt k50 today, I'm pretty impressed with it. It seems very solid and the cable feels just like I remember ridgid brand feeling. I'll post some videos of it after work. I'm sure it will make me plenty of money. It came with 8 bits, a 5/16" drum 64' of cable and a short rear guide hose. I ordered a 10' rear guide hose from ridgid and another 64' of cable and paid $750 or so including shipping. The rear guide hose fits a little loose on it. I'm not sure if that's the machine, or the hose but I'll find out when the ridgid one gets here.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    983
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 428 Times in 260 Posts

    Default

    SDT? Is that the Chinese version of Ridgid?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    368
    Thanks
    174
    Thanked 124 Times in 85 Posts

    Default

    Yeah its Chinese. Works pretty good though. Did 3 kitchen sinks with it so far today.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cable or root For This Useful Post:

    NYC drain guy (03-07-2015)

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    983
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 428 Times in 260 Posts

    Default

    I guess thats cool. Spartan is Chinese these days too.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to NYC drain guy For This Useful Post:

    TheDrainGuy (03-08-2015)

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    368
    Thanks
    174
    Thanked 124 Times in 85 Posts

    Default

    Just got home and the wife is asleep so I won't ask her to tape it but today I uses that Chinese copy to clean 3 kitchen sinks, two bathroom sinks (my own) and just to see if it was really possible I also sent 5/8 through my toilet. I'm pretty amazed with it and I'm pleased with the possibility of never having to pull a wall hung toilet to run a line again. As far as the spartan thing goes it wouldn' bother me so much that the motors were Chinese if they weren't those god awful "smart motors"

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cable or root For This Useful Post:

    NYC drain guy (03-08-2015)

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Bend Indiana
    Posts
    986
    Thanks
    805
    Thanked 667 Times in 411 Posts

    Default

    congrats on the new toy. you will love it. I have the ridgid k 50 and love it.
    Affordable Drain Cleaning
    South Bend, a




    Perfecting the art of drain cleaning

  10. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,556
    Thanks
    1,890
    Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,321 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NYC drain guy View Post
    I guess thats cool. Spartan is Chinese these days too.

    Only thing Chinese is the motor.

  11. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,556
    Thanks
    1,890
    Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,321 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cable or root View Post
    Just got home and the wife is asleep so I won't ask her to tape it but today I uses that Chinese copy to clean 3 kitchen sinks, two bathroom sinks (my own) and just to see if it was really possible I also sent 5/8 through my toilet. I'm pretty amazed with it and I'm pleased with the possibility of never having to pull a wall hung toilet to run a line again. As far as the spartan thing goes it wouldn' bother me so much that the motors were Chinese if they weren't those god awful "smart motors"


    Smart motors on all Spartan machines or just one particular model ?

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    368
    Thanks
    174
    Thanked 124 Times in 85 Posts

    Default

    The 1065 I was bitching about on the ridgid forum had a smart motor. It would wind down and sometimes come to a complete stop when I got into roots or when I grabbed the cable really hard while the cable wasn't even in the line. If you go the spartan website it boasts this as a great feature but it was just a pain in my ass. Smart motors should be a rental thing only.

  13. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,556
    Thanks
    1,890
    Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,321 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cable or root View Post
    The 1065 I was bitching about on the ridgid forum had a smart motor. It would wind down and sometimes come to a complete stop when I got into roots or when I grabbed the cable really hard while the cable wasn't even in the line. If you go the spartan website it boasts this as a great feature but it was just a pain in my ass. Smart motors should be a rental thing only.


    Sounds like yours was defective.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •