Thread: Redwood Apples

Thanks

Default Redwood Apples

Mr. Redwood. Seriously asking this.

Can you make a case for choosing an Apple over a Windows machine/system?

I'm currently using a Windows 7 laptop and have had zero issues. No viruses (they may be coming), no slow startup, no video issues, no update issues. Just honestly, nothing. Pretty boring and nothing to bitch about.

But I'm open to change and have been considering Apple. So, I was just curious as to what makes them your preferred equipment.

Thanks for any input.

J.C.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,019 Times in 2,351 Posts

Basically all I use these days is a MacBook...

It's hard to say why I prefer it over a Windows O/S computer so until you try one it is difficult to understand...

I still have a PC but I haven't turned it on in a while...
    Every time I do I feel like I run the risk of throwing it against a wall like a Frisbee...
    It starts up and I'm using it, hmmm seems to be a little slow, then I discover why and it has downloaded 17 of 25 available updates, and wants to restart, throwing up a nag "Restart Computer Now" screen every 10 minutes while I'm trying to get some work done...

ARRRRRGH!

Really the comparison is like cars, with a PC you are driving a standard package Chevy Sonic, and with the Mac you are driving a Mercedes CL-Class Coupe with the AMG performance package installed...

Everything about it is built for comfort, performance, ease of use, and they didn't miss a thing...
    They had it when MS was pushing DOS, and they still have it today after I don't know how many versions of Windows have gone by...

I remember a few years back I was working using a Dell Laptop on a tray table and my wife walked by catching the power cord with her foot.
    The Dell flew off the tray table hitting the floor, poof! it was dead...
    My MacBook has a power cord that doesn't plug in, it attaches with a magnet and will disconnect if pulled.

When I want to make a Screenshot and have it cropped to a specific portion of the screen all I do is hit command-shift-4 and a crosshair appears which I then click & drag diagonally across my selection and release the button, the computer makes a camera noise, and the screenshot file is sitting on my desktop ready to use...

There is a learning curve as you will unlearn years of PC bad computing habits, and I only know a fraction of what they are...
    All I can say is if it seems hard, it's because I'm trying to do it the PC way, and a quick search usually lands me on one of several Mac forums where I quickly learn an easy new way of doing it that seems so logical, what I was thinking of when I was trying it just didn't make sense.

When I listen to my iTunes collection I don't mind listening to the speakers built into my MacBook. In fact they sound pretty damn good!

Nothing is missed!

Until you try it you'll never fully understand it, but once you do, you won't be going back...
    "99% of Being Smart...
    Is Knowing What You're Dumb At"

411 Plumb | Click Here For A Free Internet Plumbing Directory Listing | Plumb 411

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Redwood For This Useful Post:

JCsPlumbing (08-27-2013)

Thanks

I prefer Apple to Windows simply because with Apple, everything just works. Mac OS is an environment in which all the programs play nice with one another. Macs are very user friendly and Apple hardware is far superior to PC. I'm actually typing this on the last PC I'll ever buy. I've already integrated iphones and ipads into my daily business. A Mac desk top is next.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NYC drain guy For This Useful Post:

JCsPlumbing (08-27-2013)

Thanks

Thanks Redwood and NYC.

I've used both. I just never have used either one thinking "I like this one soooo much better."

But then again, I might not know what I'm doing enough to really be using them to their potential. Therefore I haven't seen all the benefits of the Apple system and all of the downfalls of the Windows system.

Still a thinkin' on it.

Thanks again.

J.C.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,019 Times in 2,351 Posts

I guess I may notice it more than some users...
    I've kind of become a "Power User" when it comes to computing...
    Some folks might have a browser and a couple of tabs open, along with maybe OutLook for their e-mails, and maybe a MS Word Doc or Excel Spreadsheet...

I'll have several different browsers open (Safari, FireFox, Chrome, Opera) with a bunch of tabs in each one, Apple Mail, Open Office with several docs & speadsheets open, Gimp editing several pictures, G-Talk, Skype, Jabber, Filezilla uploading files to my server, text edit, Kamodo edit, and a few others open, while listening to my iTunes collection.... I know my PC will be begging for mercy and ready to crash, but the MacBook just rolls along... Or should I say Rock & Rolls Along?
    "99% of Being Smart...
    Is Knowing What You're Dumb At"

411 Plumb | Click Here For A Free Internet Plumbing Directory Listing | Plumb 411

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Redwood For This Useful Post:

JCsPlumbing (08-28-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
    I guess I may notice it more than some users...
    I've kind of become a "Power User" when it comes to computing...
    Some folks might have a browser and a couple of tabs open, along with maybe OutLook for their e-mails, and maybe a MS Word Doc or Excel Spreadsheet...

I'll have several different browsers open (Safari, FireFox, Chrome, Opera) with a bunch of tabs in each one, Apple Mail, Open Office with several docs & speadsheets open, Gimp editing several pictures, G-Talk, Skype, Jabber, Filezilla uploading files to my server, text edit, Kamodo edit, and a few others open, while listening to my iTunes collection.... I know my PC will be begging for mercy and ready to crash, but the MacBook just rolls along... Or should I say Rock & Rolls Along?
    I bet you could change the time on the atomic clock.

J.C.

Thread Information