Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: looking for some help

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    1,090
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 951 Times in 429 Posts

    Default looking for some help

    Against my better judgement, I sent my microdrain down an old farm house floor drain blind.

    It sailed right out and stuck on the pull back. Cant push foward or pull back at all. I tried twsting and pulling/pushing to no avail.

    I'm pumping out the 16" of water in the basement now and will try again tomorrow.

    I got a feeling I'm in a 4" footing tile.

    I'm lookng for any suggestions on getting her out before I dig.

    Push a cable in by hand and try and pop it free?

    Lay it on me.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    584
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 312 Times in 203 Posts

    Default

    Can you locate it? Possible it's in a big crack.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to gear junkie For This Useful Post:

    Colgar (04-18-2013)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Appelton WI
    Posts
    1,195
    Thanks
    196
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 543 Posts

    Default

    twist it cointer clockwise it should unscrew the guid, this might get you more play. also laundry soap always helps.


    i thinks its counter clock wise. call me later i will looc at mine.
    pmed my number
    IF YOU CANíT FLUSH I WILL RUSH
    www.appletondrainandsewer.com
    1-920-284-7471
    Appleton WI

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to appletondrain For This Useful Post:

    Colgar (04-18-2013)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,556
    Thanks
    1,890
    Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,321 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colgar View Post
    Against my better judgement, I sent my microdrain down an old farm house floor drain blind.

    It sailed right out and stuck on the pull back. Cant push foward or pull back at all. I tried twsting and pulling/pushing to no avail.

    I'm pumping out the 16" of water in the basement now and will try again tomorrow.

    I got a feeling I'm in a 4" footing tile.

    I'm lookng for any suggestions on getting her out before I dig.

    Push a cable in by hand and try and pop it free?

    Lay it on me.



    What were you tying to accomplish ? How far is it out ?

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to AssTyme For This Useful Post:

    Colgar (04-18-2013)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,556
    Thanks
    1,890
    Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,321 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by appletondrain View Post
    twist it cointer clockwise it should unscrew the guid, this might get you more play. also laundry soap always helps.


    i thinks its counter clock wise. call me later i will looc at mine.
    pmed my number


    The star guide will not screw off, it will stop at the head/end of spring if it's locked on properly.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to AssTyme For This Useful Post:

    Colgar (04-18-2013)

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,089
    Thanks
    511
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 529 Posts

    Default

    I 2nd using soap, I use dish soap and just dump it down there but the important thing is that it needs to sit it is usually when you give up for the night the best time to put it down there.
    Seattle Drain Service
    Bryce Kennedy
    Sewer and Drain Contractor
    Http://www.seattledrainservice.com

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuda For This Useful Post:

    AssTyme (04-19-2013), Colgar (04-18-2013)

  12. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    1,090
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 951 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gear junkie View Post
    Can you locate it? Possible it's in a big crack.
    yes I can. That's why I went in in the first place.

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    1,090
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 951 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by appletondrain View Post
    twist it cointer clockwise it should unscrew the guid, this might get you more play. also laundry soap always helps.


    i thinks its counter clock wise. call me later i will looc at mine.
    pmed my number
    Thanks man. I tried twisting it several revolutions in both directions. No guide on it.

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    1,090
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 951 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AssTyme View Post
    What were you tying to accomplish ? How far is it out ?
    Trying to get a locate. Maybe 20-30 ft.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Colgar For This Useful Post:

    AssTyme (04-19-2013)

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    1,090
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 951 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    If its draining ill try the soap. Maybe send my mini down if the water is out.

    i know, then I'll have to dig up the yard to get two cameras out <roll eyes>

    i wasn't expecting this at all. It sailed out with ease.

    Gotta break and egg to make an omelette I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •