Thread: Drain Unblocking

Thanks

Default Drain Unblocking

Hi all

what proportion of you guys use arguers ? I personally try not to use these as i find them heavy and not effective enough to clear blockages, ive used in the past spartan 100/300 machine but i would prefer to use rods with a plunger or a high pressure water jetter to clear blockages, the only electro cutting machine i keep on my van is the Ridgid K45 AF to clear sinks and urinals but this is very rare it comes out of the van, this is what loaded on to my van do you guys have similar in the states ?

www.blockeddrainsbirmingham.co.uk van pack jetter.jpg

Thanks

We have similar setups here but the majority aren't as well versed in the jetting field but we're getting better all the time at it. I keep a the cable machines on the van in case of a complete backup so I don't flood the pipe out. Since you don't use augers, what do you do if you run into that situation?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Thanks

Ive never had a situation that cannot be unblocked with out the use of rods or jetting, worst case is if i have to work off a roof with the jetting hose or rods to rod the soil stack, most situations you should be able to either rod down and clear the blockage or jet up to clear.

Thanks

I understand but I'm refering to your statement that you said you took all you rodding machines off the van. True a jetter can unblock anything but can also make a huge mess if that water has nowhere to go. How do solve this issue without a rodding machine?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Thread Information