Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General I95

Thanks

Default General I95

Does anyone have one or used one? It runs 5/8ths and 7/8ths sectional cable. Its only 1/3 hp though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 631 Posts

It's just a weaker K60. Not sure why anyone would get a I95. The Root 66 would be a better machine, can operate the same cable sizes, has a 1/2 hp motor that is set up like the K50, instead of the belt and pulley like a K60.
    Last edited by Will; 07-09-2012 at 09:16 PM.
    Will Rogers Plumbing
    Moore, Oklahoma
    (
    405) 323-2852

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Will For This Useful Post:

UnclogNH (07-09-2012)

Thanks

Yea I was looking at the root 66 as well I want to get a root 66 or a k-60 this week. A k-60 would be easier for me to get because I have a fergusons down the street from me but I like the design of the root 66 better. Where would I buy one? All the places I've seen online were talking about a month before it ships.

Thanks

It appears general ships it's stuff as it's ordered. That's why it takes such a long time to get general. I also have a rt66 and prefer the k60. The rt66 only advantage appears to be it can do 5/8 and 7/8 without adjusting the cone on the back. On the rt66, you change the handle position.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gear junkie View Post
    It appears general ships it's stuff as it's ordered. That's why it takes such a long time to get general. I also have a rt66 and prefer the k60. The rt66 only advantage appears to be it can do 5/8 and 7/8 without adjusting the cone on the back. On the rt66, you change the handle position.
    Why do you like the k60 more? Is it he higher rpms? or is it the actual design? Does the drum from the k50 really work on the k60 because thats one of the reasons I was looking at the root 66 and i95 I just wanted to carry one machine that could do from 1 1/2 - 4". I only get a one or 2 drain calls a day where I moved to so I don't wanna drive a van just throw a machine in the back of my explorer and go. All my big equipment and van are in the bay area where the majority of my business comes from.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,079 Times in 1,317 Posts

Lightbulb

Maybe those silly things work OK on the west coast but you'd be walking away from jobs left & right around my area.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AssTyme View Post
    Maybe those silly things work OK on the west coast but you'd be walking away from jobs left & right around my area.
    They would work great where I am actually. When I first started my company we very rarely did drains mostly repipes and the drain calls I did do were cleared with a General mini rooter with 75' of half inch innercore so I'm pretty sure a k60 or a root 66 would do just fine. All the mains I've done are 4" cast or clay that transitions to 6" at the city saddle. 90% of the time the blockage is before the 6" and if its past the saddle and they have a city cleanout the city will come clear the line for free.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tungsten Plumbing For This Useful Post:

AssTyme (07-09-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,079 Times in 1,317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten Plumbing View Post
    They would work great where I am actually. When I first started my company we very rarely did drains mostly repipes and the drain calls I did do were cleared with a General mini rooter with 75' of half inch innercore so I'm pretty sure a k60 or a root 66 would do just fine. All the mains I've done are 4" cast or clay that transitions to 6" at the city saddle. 90% of the time the blockage is before the 6" and if its past the saddle and they have a city cleanout the city will come clear the line for free.

Wow, must be nice !

That's a sink machine around here.

No wonder there are so many people using that machine out west, must be a different breed of roots and such ???

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AssTyme For This Useful Post:

Redwood (07-10-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AssTyme View Post
    Wow, must be nice !

That's a sink machine around here.

No wonder there are so many people using that machine out west, must be a different breed of roots and such ???
    I never used it on real heavy roots. There were a few times we hit roots and were able to get the water flowing but if I knew it was roots I had a buddy of mine come take care of it. It did a pretty good job with wipes and white mice tho. But the average run here is between 35' -75' in 4" pipe. Hell I think even the drill and eel would be good for what I run across here. Like I said I only do one or 2 mains a day we do more in the bay area but my guy has a k750 to use there.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tungsten Plumbing For This Useful Post:

AssTyme (07-09-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten Plumbing View Post
    Why do you like the k60 more? Is it he higher rpms? or is it the actual design? Does the drum from the k50 really work on the k60 because thats one of the reasons I was looking at the root 66 and i95 I just wanted to carry one machine that could do from 1 1/2 - 4". I only get a one or 2 drain calls a day where I moved to so I don't wanna drive a van just throw a machine in the back of my explorer and go. All my big equipment and van are in the bay area where the majority of my business comes from.
    I remember one of them is faster but I can't tell when I use them. I like the k60 because of the design, it has a smaller footprint. Really small footprint when you store it vertically. Run it backwards on a steep roof to shift the weight so it stays put. Yes, the drum from the k50 does fit the k60 but it becomes heavy and long. Plus the faster rpms make it a bit harder to use. I have 2 k50 drums that I never use because I have so much success with the 5/8 cable and reverse auger. Heck I think most of my sink cable is also new because I keep using the 5/8.

You can fit 90' of 7/8 cable in one reel. I'd recommend a k60 with a 90' drum of 7/8 and one 5/8 reel. This will take up a foot print of 2x2 and 3 high..roughly.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gear junkie For This Useful Post:

Tungsten Plumbing (07-10-2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information