Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Political BS Clogging Our Synapses?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,019 Times in 2,351 Posts

Default Political BS Clogging Our Synapses?

So shall we keep the Political BS outta here?

Or should we just load it up like a garbage pit?
    "99% of Being Smart...
    Is Knowing What You're Dumb At"

411 Plumb | Click Here For A Free Internet Plumbing Directory Listing | Plumb 411

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood View Post

So shall we keep the Political BS outta here?
    Please.....
    Kendall
    www.westseptic.com

"Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and their politicians as a joke." Will Rogers

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SewerRat For This Useful Post:

Redwood (03-16-2012)

Thanks

I invented this nice little catch all thread where we can put Political BS so we wont wont end up with Political BS in every thread like some of the other forums where it isn't anywhere near as pleasant to read the threads...

If you guys like this idea we'll just move any Political BS Posts here into this thread and close the thread. Leaving the Political BS to other Fine Forums that like to have politics enter every thread and have 101 threads with 50+ pages of posts arguing right vs. left and a general lack of Common Sense....

We'll keep the focus of our forum on the industry and our trade, bettering both of them. When I first entered the trade I was warned that it was best to consider certain topics "Off Limits" for discussion with customers with Politics & Religion being the big ones. Anything you say on these topics will be taken badly by about 50% of the people.

As the forum here grew bigger and bigger we've had these topics start creeping more and more into threads and even a few threads of their own such as "What Happened To Separation Of Church And State", we touched upon discussing the direction of the forum in this thread "Can I Post This?", where we seemed to take a keep it clean line. I'm all for a self policing forum with moderation limited to getting rid of spam or, an occasional forum troll and not having to censor anything.

But...

The one thing we have to realize is in this forum we are discussing and bettering our trade and businesses. We have links to our businesses in our signatures, and our businesses posted in threads in the "Sewer & Drain Company Showcase." It becomes a matter of how you want your business to appear to people.

How do you want your company perceived by Internet Users before they even meet you?

Consensus Please?
    "99% of Being Smart...

411 Plumb | Click Here For A Free Internet Plumbing Directory Listing | Plumb 411

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Redwood For This Useful Post:

Magic Touch III LLC (03-16-2012)

Thanks

I would rather keep politics out of the forum. There is plenty of that stuff at my mother in laws house, thanks!

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trent2 For This Useful Post:

AssTyme (03-16-2012), dcman (03-16-2012), Magic Touch III LLC (03-16-2012), Redwood (03-16-2012), Septo-Bismol (03-17-2012), UnclogNH (03-16-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 3,034 Posts

Can we talk doomsday preppers and how to shield your drain equipment from EMP pulse or solar flares lol.
    Heck mud season is starting and I'm going to be board out of my mind. I'll talk about anything I'm a prepper she's a prepper he's a prepper wouldn't you want to be a prepper too. It's going to be a long 2 months.
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    "We Keep New Hampshire Flowing"
    http://unclognh.com
    603-752-2145 Berlin NH, Area 603-356-6555 North Conway NH, area

Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UnclogNH For This Useful Post:

AssTyme (03-16-2012), dcman (03-16-2012), Redwood (03-16-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,347 Times in 626 Posts

I am proud of my political views. If they would just post on the evening news and the news papers that I am a Republican, I would be proud. I find that it is the Republicans that are the home owners and the land lords. And I don't like working on trailers any wayAttachment 3459. My views fly at my house every day.
    www.drainsmith.com
    712 256-2566
    vote or don't whine and buy more ammo

Thanks
    Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,321 Posts

I think you took my post way out of contest and I would like this post be deleted as well as my name being tied to it asap.

I could care less one way or the other but I took your post to be political. How else could one take it I mean take a good long look at the picture, lol !!!
    Last edited by Redwood; 03-19-2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Name Removed Per Request

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AssTyme For This Useful Post:

Redwood (03-16-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AssTyme View Post
    I could care less one way or the other but I took your post to be political. How else could one take it I mean take a good long look at the picture, lol !!!
    Zackly!

This would be a Non-Political Snake Oil Salesman...

I'm just seeking to have this forum remain a Politics Free Forum we have enough shiot around here without adding politics...
    If that is and hopefully it is the consensus of the majority of the members...
    "99% of Being Smart...

Thanks

There are a few of us here that don't want to see politics jumping into every thread...

Oh the toilet doesn't work, It must be an Ohbummer Toilet...
    The new mainline installation was an expensive job, It must be a Bush Line...

We see more than enough of that at other forums and it severely detracts from the value of the forum IMHO...
    At what point do we draw lines and say no?
    I'm not looking to be a forum babysitter or censor, those things should be taken care of by the membership.
    "99% of Being Smart...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Redwood For This Useful Post:

dcman (03-17-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,347 Times in 626 Posts

Default Political BS Clogging Our Synapses?

I didn't start the thread, remove my name from it.

Thanks
    Slap my name on it. I would be proud to take credit for it.
    www.drainsmith.com
    712 256-2566
    vote or don't whine and buy more ammo

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DRAINSMITH For This Useful Post:

dcman (03-18-2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information