Thread: Alan J Coleman

Thanks

Default Alan J Coleman

I've been having trouble getting parts for my Ridgid auto feed. Ridgidparts.com web site has not been working. Called them direct and was told they would not sell to me, that I had to go through a distributor. So I gave Drain Cables Direct a call and was told I had to spend at least a hundred bucks for them to place the order. To make a long story short I gave Alan J Coleman a call. Marv took real good care of me and placed my order immediately. Great first experience with them! They've just got a new customer as I'll be buying all my parts from them in the future.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,321 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NYC drain guy View Post
    I've been having trouble getting parts for my Ridgid auto feed. Ridgidparts.com web site has not been working. Called them direct and was told they would not sell to me, that I had to go through a distributor. So I gave Drain Cables Direct a call and was told I had to spend at least a hundred bucks for them to place the order. To make a long story short I gave Alan J Coleman a call. Marv took real good care of me and placed my order immediately. Great first experience with them! They've just got a new customer as I'll be buying all my parts from them in the future.

Yes they are very good people and more than take care of you if something goes wrong. I order from them a few times per year.

The only downside is they charge retail prices on parts and smaller items but then again shipping is reasonable and they pretty much have everything you could want all in one stop.

I wish their web site was better.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AssTyme For This Useful Post:

NYC drain guy (03-06-2012), UnclogNH (03-06-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,444 Times in 1,680 Posts

Them or Terry at All Star are both great suppliers....
    You can't scare me...I'm a plumber!!!!
    You Can Fire Me...But You Can't Tell Me What To Do.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass....and I'm all out of bubblegum...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dcman For This Useful Post:

NYC drain guy (03-06-2012), UnclogNH (03-06-2012)

Thanks

I been telling you all for years to call A J Coleman. They have parts for machines that most of us never even heard of, let alone all the machines we have. I doubt they charge full retail on anything. They might be a little higher than some online places, but since they have a physical shop their overhead is greater than an online store. I also know that if they do not have the repair part in stock, but if they do have a new machine, they will take the part off of it and send it to you, and will order the part to replace the one they scavenged.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

800-924-5758

Dispatch Points:
    • La Grange IL (708) 579-0200
    • Naperville IL (630) 416-2000
    • Lombard IL (630) 932-9800
    • Elgin IL (847) 742-2727
    • North Aurora IL (630) 897-2727
    • Schaumburg IL (847) 605-1100
    • Arlington Heights IL (847) 818-0608

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SewerRatz For This Useful Post:

FlaPlumberman (03-26-2012)

Thanks

I've bought from them a few times as well. No him-hawing around, no b.s. Straight answers- even if its not what you want to hear.

I enjoy doing business with places like that, even if it costs me a few bucks more.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Colgar For This Useful Post:

SewerRatz (03-07-2012)

Thanks

Default AJ Coleman & AllStar Pluming

Both places have been great to work with as far as I am concerned...I once bought a new Rootranger from AJ Coleman and it was dead in the box..didnt work from the 1st time I used it.(Not their Fault)...They gave me a new Rootranger (Brand new in the box) and I gave them back the dead one....No charge no hastle....AJ Coleman came thru for me on that one..I highly reccomend AJ Coleman and Terry at Allstar Plumbing as well...Tom

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Magic Touch III LLC For This Useful Post:

SewerRatz (03-27-2012)

Thanks

I bought my K60 and K39, cables, and a Ridgid shopvac after hearing about them from Ron. I dealt with Shane. I just ordered a Ridgid Seektech from Marv this morning as Shane was out of the office. The pricing is unbeatable, but the best thing is dealing with someone who is both friendly and knowledgable. There are suppliers here who when you ask them about hardcore equipment, they pull out a catalog and start throwing high numbers around. They've never touched a sewer cable in their life, and it's not hard to tell. As I get older, I feel so burned out when it comes to dealing with complete idiots... I don't fight or argue with them(my wife does!), I just hold on to my money and walk away. I see draincables sponsors this website, I've heard good things about them as well. With the net, the world is so much smaller. If you're good, the news travels fast. If you're bad, it travels even faster.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FlaPlumberman For This Useful Post:

SewerRatz (03-27-2012)

Thread Information