Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Work down the drain

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sewerdrain View Post
    Went to the orthopedic found out today it might be a acl or meniscus tear, won't know for sure intil the ins approves the mri. As far as me knowing it blew out, I moved, felt a pop in my knee, and now can't take the pain when I put weight on it. Prior to this happening has been stiff for a few months now thought it was just catching up with me due to plumbing and drain work etc. Thanks again boys for the support
    I had a meniscus tear, the docs, did arthroscopic surgery, was down hard for about 4 days then against medical advice I was working again. This happened when I was 19, so the recovery process was probably quicker, but I have had no long term problems associated with my knee yet. (honestly I cant even figure out what knee I had the work done on). Anyway the surgery was a breeze and only took around 30 minutes. So try not to worry too much about that part of it.
    Quality service is not expensive, it is priceless.
    "You'd be plumb crazy not to use us"
    1-877-SDUNCLOG
    San Diego Unclog
    http://www.sdunclog.com
    JASON@SDUNCLOG.COM

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jasonlivesay For This Useful Post:

UnclogNH (01-25-2012)

Thanks

Default Thanks

I go tomorrow for the MRI. I do not think the out come wil be that bad, I'm walking a lot better in the last few days, I'm down but not out! I think it's not my acl form the research I have done and the info I got on this site from what some of you had told me if it was the acl I would be laid up a lot longer. So I'm very hopeful, and truth, no matter what, I got to get back swinging I have family to feed so I'm ready to go.

Thanks again for the support!

Bill
    http://piperoots.com

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sewerdrain For This Useful Post:

dcman (01-25-2012), DRAINSMITH (01-25-2012), UnclogNH (01-25-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 3,034 Posts

Sounds like it won't be to bad if it were your ACL you would not be walking.
    Good luck speedy recovery.
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    "We Keep New Hampshire Flowing"
    http://unclognh.com
    603-752-2145 Berlin NH, Area 603-356-6555 North Conway NH, area

Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UnclogNH For This Useful Post:

DRAINSMITH (01-25-2012), sewerdrain (01-25-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,444 Times in 1,680 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UnclogNH View Post
    Sounds like it won't be to bad if it were your ACL you would not be walking.
    Good luck speedy recovery.

Yeah..what he said^^^^^^^
    You can't scare me...I'm a plumber!!!!
    You Can Fire Me...But You Can't Tell Me What To Do.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass....and I'm all out of bubblegum...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times in 1,159 Posts

I have a self employed buddy (plumber with a handyman business) that helps me out every now and then. I also help him if he needs more manpower. We're both nursing backs so if one has a 50+ gallon w/h, we'll usually make some room in the day to help the other out. I also have a pretty healthy relationship with a few other local plumbers that I could probably call but haven't yet. Do you have a buddy that's qualified but not busy that could ride along with you while you heal? We gotta help each other out in this business and I'd probably have lost a few customers if I hadn't had help. I know the anxious feeling when you get hurt, knowing it's all on your to bring in the cheese. Good luck with your knee man.

Paul

http://rocksteadyplumbing.com/
    Rocksteady Plumbing
    805-237-7625

"I wash my cables with sooper special zircon soap and lube them with zebra fat after every job." -Ace Sewer

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rocksteady For This Useful Post:

sewerdrain (01-25-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    I have a self employed buddy (plumber with a handyman business) that helps me out every now and then. I also help him if he needs more manpower. We're both nursing backs so if one has a 50+ gallon w/h, we'll usually make some room in the day to help the other out. I also have a pretty healthy relationship with a few other local plumbers that I could probably call but haven't yet. Do you have a buddy that's qualified but not busy that could ride along with you while you heal? We gotta help each other out in this business and I'd probably have lost a few customers if I hadn't had help. I know the anxious feeling when you get hurt, knowing it's all on your to bring in the cheese. Good luck with your knee man.

Paul

Thank you, I had the MRI today I was told my doc get the results in tree days lol... I'm feeling a lot better very stiff a little pain now and then though I can't fully bend we all know that we need that to happen in this bizz. Well, I have a call in the am and another for sat, so time to bust out the ace bandage and some duct tape and the key to this, my 22 year old helper and get back to work! Thanks again boys for all the props!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information