Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: adware

Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 613 Posts

Default adware

I some how have some ad ware or something in my CPU.
    Whenever I use Google search and I click on a site it provides I am "redirected" to something totally different, usually a site selling something.

Should I delete Google and reinstall to get rid of it?
    INSIGHT PIPE of MAINE Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Catch basin cleaning. Pipe camera inspection/locating. Trenchless pipe repair. Root clog removal. Clogged toilets..We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com
    waterville winslow bangor newport skowhegan pittsfield fairfield augusta benton madison oakland sidney norridgewock

Thanks
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 529 Posts

Just go into your programs folder in the control panel and uninstall adaware.
    Seattle Drain Service
    Bryce Kennedy
    Sewer and Drain Contractor
    Http://www.seattledrainservice.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuda For This Useful Post:

gene bickford (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,019 Times in 2,351 Posts

It may not be that easy!

Try clearing your Cache & Cookies from you browser first...
    See if you are lucky...

Some Malware can be brutal to remove.

You may need a good anti-malware removal program or, even some tech intervention, They can do things like reinstall themselves, prevent you from getting a removal program or, removal tool and generally be quite brutal.

You can try getting to http://download.cnet.com and downloading a removal program such as
    http://download.cnet.com/malwarebyte...-10804572.html

http://download.cnet.com/iobit-malwa...-10967594.html

Hopefully it will let you and not block the download or, installation, and running of the program. What is the name of the URL it is redirecting you to? Don't put the whole thing here we don't want anyone clicking it, just the basic name without http, www, or com... That may give us a specific removal tool to use....

I'll see if I can get some info for you from my son in law, I'm not really current on the stuff because I've had a Mac for a year and darn we just don't have that internet syphilis going around for Macs...

I had one on my PC several years back where I had to go to the library to use their computer to download the removal tool and save it to a disc to bring home and install because it Blocked me from getting it on the net...

Good luck and I'll check with the son in law for current good tools to use.
    "99% of Being Smart...
    Is Knowing What You're Dumb At"

411 Plumb | Click Here For A Free Internet Plumbing Directory Listing | Plumb 411

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redwood For This Useful Post:

dcman (01-02-2012), gene bickford (01-02-2012)

Thanks

"You may need a good anti-malware removal program or, even some tech intervention, They can do things like reinstall themselves, prevent you from getting a removal program or, removal tool and generally be quite brutal."

I kind of think thats whats going on. I've tried a few things but......

I think it's time to let the drain guy (me) be the drain guy and let the CPU guy (pro) be the CPU guy.

Now I'm off to try to melt plastic to pour into a mold. I want to use my wifes oven but I'm pretty sure I already know her answer. Do you think for insurance reasons I should take some photos of the garage BEFORE I burn it down? LOL!
    INSIGHT PIPE of MAINE Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Catch basin cleaning. Pipe camera inspection/locating. Trenchless pipe repair. Root clog removal. Clogged toilets..We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com
    waterville winslow bangor newport skowhegan pittsfield fairfield augusta benton madison oakland sidney norridgewock

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gene bickford For This Useful Post:

dcman (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,444 Times in 1,680 Posts

also try running Super Anti Spyware....its a good adware remover....
    You can't scare me...I'm a plumber!!!!
    You Can Fire Me...But You Can't Tell Me What To Do.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass....and I'm all out of bubblegum...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dcman For This Useful Post:

Redwood (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 529 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gene bickford View Post
    I some how have some ad ware or something in my CPU.
    Whenever I use Google search and I click on a site it provides I am "redirected" to something totally different, usually a site selling something.

Should I delete Google and reinstall to get rid of it?
    Sorry I have a program called adaware that gets rid of ad pop ups and thought you had installed it. Google (if you can) adaware and download the free version.
    Seattle Drain Service
    Bryce Kennedy
    Sewer and Drain Contractor
    Http://www.seattledrainservice.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,347 Times in 626 Posts

OK guys I know that you all speak English too.
    www.drainsmith.com
    712 256-2566
    vote or don't whine and buy more ammo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DRAINSMITH For This Useful Post:

dcman (01-02-2012)

Thanks

Get a Mac...

Mine is clean... No anti-virus installed, No anti-spyware installed, No anti-malware installed...
    "99% of Being Smart...

411 Plumb | Click Here For A Free Internet Plumbing Directory Listing | Plumb 411

Thanks

is it true that a lot of programs IE: photoshop, turbotax or even a dvd label maker and things like that are not compatable witth a mac?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gene bickford View Post
    is it true that a lot of programs IE: photoshop, turbotax or even a dvd label maker and things like that are not compatable witth a mac?
    Nope! In fact many work better because they don't have to operate using that Bloatware they call Windows...
    Most of the professional PhotoShop users such a graphic artists, Photographers, and advertising & catalog layout work, is done on Macs... I can start my Mac, open PhotoShop, Crop and Resize a picture, save it, and shut down my Mac before a PC is done booting up....

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/

http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/i.../GEN12153.html

http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0...platform%3DMac

Even if you did find a program that is not available for Mac you can still use...
    http://www.parallels.com/search/cs/p...FUio4AodNAKRGg
    And make a Mac run Windows...
    "99% of Being Smart...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information