Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: where to buy rootx

Thanks
    Thanked 2,438 Times in 1,677 Posts

[QUOTE=gretsch292;24024]I have found that method only works on sewers that are at least partially stopped up.

Roots grow from the top down 90% of the time, so unless the roots have grown to the bottom of the pipe and are actually soaking in the water, the salt solution will never get to the roots.

We used R/D root destroyer for years until we found RootX. Now that is all we sell. I sell it only for really bad lines that have heavy root infestation at multiple points. I also recommend a maintenance rod out within 2 years.

Yes and no...here roots don't seem to care how they get in the pipe...And when you flush 2 cups or so of rock salt, the water keeps on trucking and the salt stays behind and slowly dissolves, and the roots still get some of that stuff.....Not saying its fool proof or a guarantee or anything like that..but for the small amount money it cost its the best and cheapest preventive maintenance....
    You can't scare me...I'm a plumber!!!!
    You Can Fire Me...But You Can't Tell Me What To Do.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass....and I'm all out of bubblegum...

Thanks

Default Where we buy Rootx

We buy our Rootx and Bio Clean from Statewide Supply located near Madison Wi...They have been a very good company for us to work with....Statewide Supply.......Tom

Thanks
    Thanked 3,927 Times in 2,298 Posts

I'd shoot Dan Lawrence a PM right here and see about buying some Root-X....

It is by far the best stuff out there for cleaning roots and the chemistry of the Root-X puts no additional burden on waste treatment...

The Root-X powder foams on contact with water and fills the entire pipe with foam which kills the entire root branch that is growing into the pipe without harming the tree. The stuff flat out works and I have seen the results with the camera.
    "99% of Being Smart...
    Is Knowing What You're Dumb At"

411 Plumb | Click Here For A Free Internet Plumbing Directory Listing | Plumb 411

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redwood For This Useful Post:

dcman (07-08-2011), UnclogNH (07-08-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 528 Posts

Yea Rootx works well! I know first hand, I had a pretty big list of customers I did once a year but after I jetted the pipe clean and used the rootx the following year there where not enough roots to even do anything about. After most of the customers saw the results they do it themselfs now. I should have worn a full bio suit when I did it then they would still call me. I hate loosing the work but it was the best thing for the customer. And it made me focus more on replacing bad side sewers and drainage jobs So I am not mad about it, But mark my words if you start using it you will lose some revenue. The customers don't get the rootx warranty by doing it on their own but it doesn't matter the stuff works if done right.
    Seattle Drain Service
    Bryce Kennedy
    Sewer and Drain Contractor
    Http://www.seattledrainservice.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 613 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cuda View Post
    I should have worn a full bio suit when I did it then they would still call me. I hate loosing the work but it was the best thing for the customer. .

LOL! Don't forget to yell "FIRE IN THE HOLE" then run like hell when you get the cap on!!!!

I see what you're saying though. RootX almost works too good from a revenue standpoint, but quite often it's the best alternative for the customer.

With me knowing how well Rootx works, and not telling a customer about it so I could resnake 1-2yrs later, would be deceitful.
    I no longer keep Rootx on the van. I tell the customer all about it, where to get it and how well it works, any other brand is a waste of $$, etc..

This way it's now in their hands. I'm now finding myself returning 1-2yrs later to resnake and the HO asking "what was that stuff you said to put in the line". I also think most do not fill out and send in the reminder cards. So when they do use it, they only use it once.
    INSIGHT PIPE of MAINE Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Catch basin cleaning. Pipe camera inspection/locating. Trenchless pipe repair. Root clog removal. Clogged toilets..We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com
    waterville winslow bangor newport skowhegan pittsfield fairfield augusta benton madison oakland sidney norridgewock

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Touch III LLC View Post
    We buy our Rootx and Bio Clean from Statewide Supply located near Madison Wi...They have been a very good company for us to work with....Statewide Supply.......Tom
    How is that bio clean anyway?
    I don't really buy into that type of product and I tell customers that when they ask, but I also let them know that I didn't buy into root killers either until I started using Rootx and a lot of places that sell rootx also sell bio clean.

What about GreaseX, anyone use it?
    INSIGHT PIPE of MAINE Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Catch basin cleaning. Pipe camera inspection/locating. Trenchless pipe repair. Root clog removal. Clogged toilets..We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com
    waterville winslow bangor newport skowhegan pittsfield fairfield augusta benton madison oakland sidney norridgewock

Thanks

Directions say to apply within 1hr or wait at least 6-8 weeks to apply.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,034 Times in 3,021 Posts

I have a hard time selling Rootx no one wants to pay for it and it costs me about $250 for a case of 12 two pound jars
    for now were not selling rootx until things turn around and I don't see it happening any time soon.
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    "We Keep New Hampshire Flowing"
    http://unclognh.com
    603-752-2145 Berlin NH, Area 603-356-6555 North Conway NH, area

Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to UnclogNH For This Useful Post:

dcman (07-13-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 646 Posts

We like to rootx sewer lines 1yr after jetting. I tell them its a great idea to keep maintiance on the line now that the roots are all gone, you dont want roots back.

So that keeps us coming back and it give them a peice of mind

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 631 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Touch III LLC View Post
    I just placed an order with them this week.
    Will Rogers Plumbing
    Moore, Oklahoma
    (
    405) 323-2852

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information