Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pictures

Thanks

Default Pictures

Not sure if this is the place for to ask or not but can the size of picture files allowed to be posted be increased?

I generally keep any work photos taken on the lowest resolution the camera will take. (Less than 2MP)

Can't post any here and I HATE going through the picture resizers. Resize it, rename it, save it.

I can post on other forums without problem.

Thanks for any consideration.

J.C.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JCsPlumbing For This Useful Post:

dcman (06-04-2011), Song Dog (06-05-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,444 Times in 1,680 Posts

HA...that's why I have a piece of crap camera!!!
    You can't scare me...I'm a plumber!!!!
    You Can Fire Me...But You Can't Tell Me What To Do.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass....and I'm all out of bubblegum...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,936 Times in 2,306 Posts

The problem with the larger size pics it that it blows out the side of the post then we have to side scroll to read your posts which sucks.

Why don't you upload the pics to photobucket and set the size on your uploading options then they are re-sized automatically as you upload them. You can then just insert the img tag in your posts.
    "99% of Being Smart...
    Is Knowing What You're Dumb At"

411 Plumb | Click Here For A Free Internet Plumbing Directory Listing | Plumb 411

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Redwood For This Useful Post:

dcman (06-05-2011)

Thanks

DRAINSMITH: Don't read this post...We don't want you crashing your computer...lol...
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass....and I'm all out of bubblegum...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
    The problem with the larger size pics it that it blows out the side of the post then we have to side scroll to read your posts which sucks.
    I don't think any I've posted do that. An example on another Forum most of you take a peek at once in awhile.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t37863/

I tried to post those pictures exactly the same size and file here and it's a no go.

J.C.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times in 1,159 Posts

Where do you post these pictures from? I don't use the attachment fuction but rather I just put the url of the picture at either Photobucket or Flickr. It's the button above where you're typing that looks like a picture in a frame.

Like this...

[IMG] blah blah blah [/ IMG]

This way the picture shows up directly in the post, not as an attachment at the bottom. If it's too large, it will make the format all funked up though.

Paul

http://rocksteadyplumbing.com/
    Rocksteady Plumbing
    805-237-7625

"I wash my cables with sooper special zircon soap and lube them with zebra fat after every job." -Ace Sewer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Where do you post these pictures from? I don't use the attachment fuction but rather I just put the url of the picture at either Photobucket or Flickr. It's the button above where you're typing that looks like a picture in a frame.

Like this...

[IMG] blah blah blah [/ IMG]

This way the picture shows up directly in the post, not as an attachment at the bottom. If it's too large, it will make the format all funked up though.

Paul

Thanks. I do use the attachment button on the other site as that is how I was told to show pictures.

If you are a member there, and logged in, the pictures show in the post. Same here as I recall.

J.C.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 625 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dcman View Post
    DRAINSMITH: Don't read this post...We don't want you crashing your computer...lol...
    To late. I use photo bucket like I have been told. It takes me about 15 min to redo a photo. I have just accepted the fact that nothing is going to be easy with this invention of the devil. I know that this stupid machine is going to send me straight to hell. I can't even look at one without using on of George Carlins "7 words".
    www.drainsmith.com
    712 256-2566
    vote or don't whine and buy more ammo

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRAINSMITH For This Useful Post:

dcman (06-08-2011), phishfood (07-22-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Thanks. I do use the attachment button on the other site as that is how I was told to show pictures.

If you are a member there, and logged in, the pictures show in the post. Same here as I recall.

J.C.
    What I meant was they show up full size in the body of the post. You don't have to click on them to enlarge them. You can also do kind of a story board with text, then picture, then text, etc. It really makes no difference to me, it's just how I have always done it. Also, as I understand it, since the pictures are hosted elsewhere, it doesn't take up bandwidth on this server but I could be 100% wrong on that.

Paul

http://rocksteadyplumbing.com/
    Rocksteady Plumbing
    805-237-7625

"I wash my cables with sooper special zircon soap and lube them with zebra fat after every job." -Ace Sewer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRAINSMITH View Post
    To late. I use photo bucket like I have been told. It takes me about 15 min to redo a photo. I have just accepted the fact that nothing is going to be easy with this invention of the devil. I know that this stupid machine is going to send me straight to hell. I can't even look at one without using on of George Carlins "7 words".
    I figured...but if you were in the military like I know you were there is probably a lot more that just 7 ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information