Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: yesterday's nightmare

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nayman View Post
    My bad.
    I just saw the Eel-type set-up, and automatically ASSumed that it was the BS retriever for a 1 1/4 inch.
    I'm impressed with all the equipment you had out for that job, which is why I mentioned the kitchen sink. You got everything BUT near that drain.
    No kidding. Believe me when I say that dragging all that out was the last thing I wanted to do. But every assumption I made before hand (which led to my decision on what to use) was wrong.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times in 1,159 Posts

That's one of the things that separate us pros from the hacks; persistence. Way to stick with it and have the skills and equipment to get the job done. Whatever the cost to the customer, I'm thinking they got a good deal considering the problem. Hopefully they're appreciative of your efforts.

Paul

http://rocksteadyplumbing.com/
    Rocksteady Plumbing
    805-237-7625

"I wash my cables with sooper special zircon soap and lube them with zebra fat after every job." -Ace Sewer

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 957 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    That's one of the things that separate us pros from the hacks; persistence. Way to stick with it and have the skills and equipment to get the job done. Whatever the cost to the customer, I'm thinking they got a good deal considering the problem. Hopefully they're appreciative of your efforts.

Paul
    Wut HE sed^^^^^
    He who dies with the most toys Is still dead.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colgar View Post
    I went out to a daycare for a plugged downspout drain. I figured leaves, sticks, etc.

I get there and it's in a small play ground area and standing full of water. I'm setting up when I look up and see 2 basketballs laying on the gutter. Now I'm second guessing the leaves and sticks thinking.

I thought the pipe underground would be six inch, so I started with my 1065. Poked it it about 3 ft and water goes down. Took a look with camera and found a now deflated rubber ball. I put my retriever on the 1065 and run it in. Try pulling the cable back and I'm hung up bad. I fart around for a half hour and finally get it out, totally deforming the retriever in the process.

The drain is actually 4", so I grab the k60 and put a retriever on the 7/8". I push it in and follow it with the camera, pushing right to the ball. I turn the cable by hand trying to snag it, no luck. I pull out and file the hook sharp, try again, no luck. I pull out and bend the hook out a bit, try again, no luck. By now I'm out a touch over 30 ft and wondering wth I'm gonna do. I keep tweaking the end of my retriever and FINALLY get it to poke a hole in the ball and wind itself in. I never would have thought it would be as hard as it was.
    I use this its never bent or broken yet comes from my -tanna
    still love the smell of stink in the morning

Thanks
    Thanked 2,444 Times in 1,680 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by laidback View Post
    I use this its never bent or broken yet comes from my -tanna

DAMN!!!! Captain Hook is gonna be pissed when he finds out.....
    You can't scare me...I'm a plumber!!!!
    You Can Fire Me...But You Can't Tell Me What To Do.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass....and I'm all out of bubblegum...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dcman For This Useful Post:

AssTyme (01-08-2012), Redwood (01-08-2012)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information