Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New rubber gloves

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 3,034 Posts

Default New rubber gloves

For years I have been using rubber gloves latex ones you buy at place like Rite Aid box of 100 they rip so easy it ticks me off to keep having them rip while I'm working and put on a new pair. Was in the dollar store the other day don't laugh went looking for Dish gloves to try our for. $1.00 I get a bag of 2 pair large to try out. Let me tell you I loved them no ripping no crap water dripping in at the wrist. Went back and talked to the manager bought a whole box for $10.00 100 x 2 pair per bag $3.00 less than I would have paid for the latex box of 100. They grip a toilet better than the latex no slipping.
    Last edited by UnclogNH; 01-22-2011 at 12:11 AM.
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    "We Keep New Hampshire Flowing"
    http://unclognh.com
    603-752-2145 Berlin NH, Area 603-356-6555 North Conway NH, area

Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 646 Posts

Rubber gloves are for sissys.
    If and when i were gloves, i found that the harbor freight ones for $6.00 a box work the best.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 613 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jhplumbing View Post
    Rubber gloves are for sissys.

You should see all the warts that just started showing up on my hand one day.

Now I always use rubber gloves.

We get a fair amount of comments about "the other guy". How messy he was, how he didn't even have gloves on, how he just had his hands in poo/poo water and then touched the light switch and all the door knobs, and moved the kids toys out of the way on the porch etc.

I think if you're not going to wear gloves to protect yourself then you should at least wear them for appearance.

Rod: what dollar store you talking about?
    Dollar tree, family dollar, etc..?
    INSIGHT PIPE of MAINE Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Catch basin cleaning. Pipe camera inspection/locating. Trenchless pipe repair. Root clog removal. Clogged toilets..We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com
    waterville winslow bangor newport skowhegan pittsfield fairfield augusta benton madison oakland sidney norridgewock

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gene bickford For This Useful Post:

jhplumbing (01-22-2011)

Thanks

You gotta wear your rubbers!
    Like I tell my son, "Wrap it, before you attack it!"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plumbing_Doctor For This Useful Post:

dcman (03-04-2011), UnclogNH (01-27-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gene bickford View Post
    You should see all the warts that just started showing up on my hand one day.

Now I always use rubber gloves.

We get a fair amount of comments about "the other guy". How messy he was, how he didn't even have gloves on, how he just had his hands in poo/poo water and then touched the light switch and all the door knobs, and moved the kids toys out of the way on the porch etc.

I think if you're not going to wear gloves to protect yourself then you should at least wear them for appearance.

Rod: what dollar store you talking about?
    Dollar tree, family dollar,
    etc..?
    Gene, I got them at the Dollar Tree. Used them again yesterday and they held up great. Much better than the other latex gloves they hold up to the drill and eel good no ripping when using the key to add or remove sections of cable.

Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,378 Times in 682 Posts

I use to use those when I was doing sewer lining to keep the resin off my skin but I always thought they would be too expensive to use everyday. guess I was wrong.
    http://alsdrainservice.services.offi...m/default.aspx
    www.alsdrainservicesemissouri.com

Hire a hack he won't be back, Hire a Pro and your good to go!!!

Office 573-866-2274 Perryville Mo 573-547-7200 Cell 573-208-6200

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UnclogNH View Post
    Gene, I got them at the Dollar Tree. Used them again yesterday and they held up great. Much better than the other latex gloves they hold up to the drill and eel good no ripping when using the key to add or remove sections of cable.
    Do they go on and off easy enough?

Latex ones I use are from Sam's club. Bought 600 pairs awhile back but they have changed them and now if my hand has even the slightest amount of moisture they are a PIA.

About that key. I've never used one. Just use a screw driver.
    Does the key make a big difference?
    INSIGHT PIPE of MAINE Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Catch basin cleaning. Pipe camera inspection/locating. Trenchless pipe repair. Root clog removal. Clogged toilets..We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com
    waterville winslow bangor newport skowhegan pittsfield fairfield augusta benton madison oakland sidney norridgewock

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gene bickford View Post
    Do they go on and off easy enough?

Latex ones I use are from Sam's club. Bought 600 pairs awhile back but they have changed them and now if my hand has even the slightest amount of moisture they are a PIA.

About that key. I've never used one. Just use a screw driver.
    Does the key make a big difference?
    The gloves were not to much trouble to get them off and put back on.
    The Eel spanner key is shaped like a question mark not too hard to use.
    Never used the type your using is it General? If I hade to use a screw driver on mine It would be a PITA

Thanks

Looks like I'll be stopping by the dollar tree and tractor supply (right next door) we are out of cow cloves.

Cow gloves are good for fishing in whole house traps and feeling around for clean outs in ponds of poo that are deeper then normal gloves.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gene bickford For This Useful Post:

UnclogNH (01-23-2011)

Thanks

Yes General. spanner key is the same as yours.
    I think I might try one out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information