Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you sell Drain Care Products?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by codey101 View Post
    Hello,
    I was looking for a drain care product and I do not know where I can find one.
    Can anyone please help me.
    Dude You seem to be a nasty #@$$$%$$$$%%%^^%%$$ spammer. Sorry Please leave this forum and do not return.

Thank you and have a great day.

Happy Holidays
    Affordable Drain Cleaning
    South Bend, a

Perfecting the art of drain cleaning

2. The Following User Says Thank You to affordabledrains For This Useful Post:

drainguy (12-19-2010)

Thanks

buy you up a bunch of ice creme salt, write root killer on the containers, clean the sewer extra good ., then pour in the salt gurantee the line for a year and you willl be someones hero
    still love the smell of stink in the morning

Thanks

I'm fixing to start RootX, maybe this week. I think it has its place.

Like a lot of septic guys, though, I'm pretty dubious about any enzymes or bacteria for septics. When customers ask me if they should add bacteria, I point to the inside of the tank and ask them if they think their little bottle of bugs contains even close to the amount of bacteria already there. They usually have to agree that the tank is pretty colonized already.

For septics, it boils down to simple science:
    1. There is a certain amount of organic matter for bacteria to feed on coming into the tank.
    2. There is a certain amount of oxygen in the tank.
    3. Bacteria colonize as fast as possible.
    The environment in the tank WILL BE completely saturated to the maximum level possible with bacteria unless the HO has some bad habits that are damaging the biological systems in the tank. If they have those bad habits, they will kill the bacteria they add too. Also, if the tank is healthy and you add enzymes, either they will die or an equal amount of original bacteria will die, because the tank will only support a certain level of biological life.
    Kendall
    www.westseptic.com

"Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and their politicians as a joke." Will Rogers

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SewerRat For This Useful Post:

gene bickford (02-02-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 613 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SewerRat View Post
    I'm fixing to start RootX, maybe this week. I think it has its place.

Like a lot of septic guys, though, I'm pretty dubious about any enzymes or bacteria for septics. When customers ask me if they should add bacteria, I point to the inside of the tank and ask them if they think their little bottle of bugs contains even close to the amount of bacteria already there. They usually have to agree that the tank is pretty colonized already.

For septics, it boils down to simple science:
    1. There is a certain amount of organic matter for bacteria to feed on coming into the tank.
    2. There is a certain amount of oxygen in the tank.
    3. Bacteria colonize as fast as possible.
    The environment in the tank WILL BE completely saturated to the maximum level possible with bacteria unless the HO has some bad habits that are damaging the biological systems in the tank. If they have those bad habits, they will kill the bacteria they add too. Also, if the tank is healthy and you add enzymes, either they will die or an equal amount of original bacteria will die, because the tank will only support a certain level of biological life.
    I feel the same.
    I do tell people if it's a brand new system and winter is close they may want to add something for that first winter just to give the tank a jump start so it will produce enough heat to prevent freezing. Even then it's likely to be a waste of a few bucks, but when you consider the risk VRs reward, it may be worth it.

I should start selling GeneX treatments. Say every six months or so I show up at 9am ish with a new issue of Cleaner mag, or Popular Science and complete my daily constitution.

I could charge $30 a poop.....um....I mean, $30 a pop.
    INSIGHT PIPE of MAINE Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Catch basin cleaning. Pipe camera inspection/locating. Trenchless pipe repair. Root clog removal. Clogged toilets..We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com
    waterville winslow bangor newport skowhegan pittsfield fairfield augusta benton madison oakland sidney norridgewock

Thanks

IMHO, citra jet no good, the others okay what ever makes money but when jetting I like pressure versus flow. The citra jet runs out like a woman of the evening on fire in church! Citra Jet is trying to push a point that is not valid. Rootx, I have seen it work! Jet, cut the roots, apply Rootx camera and return 9 months later and drop the camera in and WOW the growth of the roots have been reduced. Not gone but reduced. I don't won't use citra jet, one good flush or laterals and branches used after one day the citra jet is GONE!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gene bickford View Post
    I feel the same.
    I do tell people if it's a brand new system and winter is close they may want to add something for that first winter just to give the tank a jump start so it will produce enough heat to prevent freezing. Even then it's likely to be a waste of a few bucks, but when you consider the risk VRs reward, it may be worth it.

I should start selling GeneX treatments. Say every six months or so I show up at 9am ish with a new issue of Cleaner mag, or Popular Science and complete my daily constitution.

I could charge $30 a poop.....um....I mean, $30 a pop.
    Have you ever priced septic additives, for instance RidX? If you apply it as often as they suggest in two or three years you have more than paid for a pumpout.
    Kendall
    www.westseptic.com

"Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and their politicians as a joke." Will Rogers

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SewerRat For This Useful Post:

gene bickford (02-03-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 631 Posts

I used to sale both when I was not out on my own. I sold the heck out of bio-clean and root-x. I think they are both good products. Anytime there was roots I would push Root-x and 9 out 10 times the home owner would want it. Good way to boost your profit.
    Will Rogers Plumbing
    Moore, Oklahoma
    (
    405) 323-2852

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Thanks

Default citra jet

i disagree with truthzone about citra jet,i have been using it for a few years when jetting grease lines and it makes a big difference in the process, its meant to emulsify the grease and help it flow from the pipe while your jetting not for long term effects it makes the work easier and cleaner

marc
    the sewerman
    http://www.thesewerman.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I used to sale both when I was not out on my own. I sold the heck out of bio-clean and root-x. I think they are both good products. Anytime there was roots I would push Root-x and 9 out 10 times the home owner would want it. Good way to boost your profit.
    BTW, speaking of boosting profits, what did you charge for an application of RootX?
    Kendall
    www.westseptic.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 631 Posts

It's been awhile, but I think we got $75-$95 for Root-X and $45 for Bio-Clean or $135 for 3 cans of Bio-Clean.
    Will Rogers Plumbing
    Moore, Oklahoma
    (
    405) 323-2852

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Will For This Useful Post:

SewerRat (02-21-2011)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information