PDA

View Full Version : Cipp

bridgeplumbing
07-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Who's using CIPP here? I have a pull in place system from nuflow. We are looking at getting an inversion unit i found a good deal on a quick shot style unit. I was wondering if anyone had a set up or had heard anything about those ones?

sierra2000
08-19-2013, 09:49 AM
I use the quik shot unit. What price are you at?

bridgeplumbing
08-19-2013, 11:50 PM
I found a set up for 9k no training. How do you like your unit?

sierra2000
08-20-2013, 01:58 AM
Make sure you get a big enough air compressor. It gets the job done. If I had a chance to start over I'd go with LMK system. 9K is a good price for that. I paid about 40 -50K with everything I have. Are you getting the whole set up, calibration roller, nozzles, vacuum and air hoses for that price?

bridgeplumbing
08-20-2013, 09:10 AM
It's the inverter, roller and 3-8" heads. We have most of the equipment from doing pull in place. Why LMK? We have been looking for awhile for inversion stuff and it almost seems like you pick your poison on a set up and hope that you get the support you need.

Cuda
08-20-2013, 08:47 PM
It's the inverter, roller and 3-8" heads. We have most of the equipment from doing pull in place. Why LMK? We have been looking for awhile for inversion stuff and it almost seems like you pick your poison on a set up and hope that you get the support you need.

LMK has some nice bonus touches that help the installer out like a camera port is designed into the head so you can follow the inversion while it's going out and see that it terminates in the right spot because you can see through the liner. Also the liner and bladder are shot out at the same time instead of twice like with other systems. There are other features but those are the 2 that matter to me.

Redwood
08-21-2013, 01:47 PM
Our shop uses the Max Liner System....

Cuda's LMK System looks very interesting, I'd like to see it in action sometime...

Cuda
08-22-2013, 01:17 AM
Our shop uses the Max Liner System....

Cuda's LMK System looks very interesting, I'd like to see it in action sometime...

Red just so you know a company with money invested in LMK and Permaliner so now the future is unknown they are seperate for now but sharing may take place. LMK is superiour in product and design but permaliner has a great network for distribution which is why I think the company paid money into both.

sierra2000
08-22-2013, 09:27 PM
Hey Cuda, with LMK system, do you ever have problems with the real stretchy liner material overshooting past your mark or into the main? Also can you shoot a 4"x 6" transition through it?

Cuda
08-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Hey Cuda, with LMK system, do you ever have problems with the real stretchy liner material overshooting past your mark or into the main? Also can you shoot a 4"x 6" transition through it?

Yes and Yes, the thin stuff for turns can of course stretch ( a lot) some guys order short and then crank the air pressure to purposely stretch it. Now we put a 2 foot pipe patch at the city stub for two reasons 1: if you try to hit it perfect you can go over, if you hit the spot short then the people have a 99.8% new line lol. 2: the patch adds a great deal of strength and when we inflate to 30 psi it sometimes puts the correct alignment back at that joint and now we have a 2 foot buffer zone so we don't miss a spot or overshoot the line.

Cuda
08-22-2013, 10:03 PM
We don't mess around with air anymore, the 13 hp gas compressors where undependable. We use our trailer compressor it's 375 cfm and it just idles the whole time but if the liner where rip open I am sure I have enough cfm to maintain the shape.

sierra2000
08-22-2013, 11:31 PM
I've went into the main twice. $8000 fix for each to dig it up. Both times they were the flexible liners. I don't have the pipe patch equipment but I like that idea though. I have the 15 hp Kohler motor, 30 cfm, 175 psi compressor. With that, if there are turns it can struggle to invert the liner until you crank it up.
Thanks.