PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

Theplungerman
05-02-2013, 10:17 PM
I'm clueless when it comes to the trench less sewer game. I pulled this back from a swer that was re lined about a year ago.
It's thin and rubbery. To thin IMHO
They didn't go all the way to the city, stopped about 4ft short where it so happened to have a bad root problem.
What do you pros think?

Redwood
05-03-2013, 01:08 AM
Originally I was thinking it was part of what we call the calibration liner in the Max Liner system ours is green though...
Essentially it is the balloon that inflates and holds the liner against the pipe while it cures....
I'm not sure what it is...

Do you know what lining system was used?

Did you camera the line?

Theplungerman
05-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Thanks redwood, my friend who knows about this said it was plastic sleeving that should have been removed. Yes I did camera it, looked fine except where this was dangling in spots. It was short of city where at the last joint there was a root intrusion.

Redwood
05-04-2013, 04:32 AM
They may have had a damaged lining that had pinholes leak the resin through to contact the calibration liner...
Kind of gluing it in place so it tore when they tried to remove it...

4' short of hitting the main sounds like they didn't know what they were doing...
They probably did something stupid like believe the distance on their camera and translate that to a tape when they cut the lining...
We put the camera to where it meets the city line then we mark the push rod with tape....
We then use that mark for the measurement and don't pay any attention to the distance on the camera...

alsdrainservice
05-08-2013, 04:09 PM
it is the tape that holds the lining material together. sometimes whwn you pull back the calibration tupe some of the resin sticks to the tape and pulls it loose. then when you run your snake in it latches on to the hangin tape and pulls the entire lenght of loose.

alsdrainservice
05-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Sorry about typos I was on my tablet and my fingers are too fat lol. That is one reason why i like LMK's material over perma liner. LMK sews there tube together rather than using that tape. I ran across this several times when I was doing lining. I learned not to use a cutter head on my snake if I had lined a pipe and was, called back for a stoppage. Instead I would use a spear head or some other flat blade.

Theplungerman
05-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Sorry about typos I was on my tablet and my fingers are too fat lol. That is one reason why i like LMK's material over perma liner. LMK sews there tube together rather than using that tape. I ran across this several times when I was doing lining. I learned not to use a cutter head on my snake if I had lined a pipe and was, called back for a stoppage. Instead I would use a spear head or some other flat blade.
Thanks for your reply. I pulled more than tape back. I pulled lots of thin rubbery substance of too.
Thanks for the tip on blade choice.
Though I feel as thick as I was led to believe and seen at the shows the liner was. I should be able to use a blade.
Thanks

alsdrainservice
05-13-2013, 02:41 PM
l looked at the pictures again on a computer rather than my tablet, and it looks like you may have actually pulled back some of the liner itself. This would explain the thick rubber stuff. The white you see is the tape the clear vinyl stuff is the inner layer of the lining tube.

Theplungerman
09-23-2013, 02:03 AM
I spoke with that customer last week and they(the guys who relined it) told him I should have not snaked it. But to only jett a relined sewer. I don't believe this and told him so.

ADBCONSTRUCTION1
09-23-2013, 06:09 AM
I spoke with that customer last week and they(the guys who relined it) told him I should have not snaked it. But to only jett a relined sewer. I don't believe this and told him so.

Did you tell them if they had done their job correctly there should be no need for snaking or jetting only a year later!

drainguy
09-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Hellza yeah there liner should have put ya out business if they did it right an thanks for the cutter tip Al.

Redwood
09-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Did you tell them if they had done their job correctly there should be no need for snaking or jetting only a year later!

Amen to that!

When we reline a pipe, we loose a regular customer...doh!