PDA

View Full Version : Trenchless and potable epoxy pipe lining systems - choices

Hainhi
03-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Greatings everyone.

I'm planning to get into epoxy lining for both trenchless & potable. Sounds like there are lots of choices in term of manufacturers go.

Did any of you do any throughout market research to see what's the differrence between them?

I'd like to learn about:
- variety (if a company offer both)
- what's their equipment setup stacked up in term of sizes, quality, ease of maintaining, etc
- materials/technology: is there any main differrence between systems
- what's the main points/decision makers to go with a particular system
- pricing: for the whole system and/or materials
- tech support/training
- anything else?

I see some of you mentioned about lmk. I also see Nu Flow, ace duraflow e-pipe, ect. but have no idea how they're compared.

Thanks in advance.

Nhi

Redwood
03-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Our company uses Max-liner and Pipe Patch on sewer lines...
Cuda's new LMK rig seems to be top shelf and I'm looking forward to more of his posts...

Epoxy relining of potable water lines isn't something I find very interesting....

Read through the threads in this forum section (http://draincleaningforum.com/forumdisplay.php?116-Trenchless-Pipe-Rehabilitation-amp-Replacement) there is already a lot of information to digest...

Once you've read through some you'll probably have some narrower questions...

Cuda
03-10-2012, 03:46 AM
I did not post on this for the reason I have seen lined water systems only last a short time then the relining company says"the differance in metals (galvy copper) made a weak link that ruined our system! I know that right now certain programs are underway to make a new nano system to make potable water relining a real system. I myself would love a system to fix water mains without my hands getting scared up and take my day away. lol.

JCsPlumbing
03-10-2012, 10:52 AM
I haven't heard one good thing about a potable water lining system.

Looked into CuraFlo or something like that a couple of years ago. Don't recall it working well enough to trust it and that system was a franchise only at the time. The numbers were not good for a franchisee to me. Had to kick alot up.

I haven't seen or been able to envision creating a market for trenchless here. Maybe there is one and I'm just short-sighted about it.

I have seen pictures by others online using trenchless systems at houses or businesses that had only earth above where the line was being replaced. Without obstructions, or maybe just a sidewalk. That makes zero sense to me.

We can be in and out in 4 hours and leave the yard in a reasonable condition that people are happy.

J.C.

Redwood
03-10-2012, 06:57 PM
The biggest problem I see with the relining of potable systems with epoxy is the lack of a means of verification of the cleaning process and the complete coverage of the line interior. It's a faith based system where you just have to believe it happened brother... CrazyBook HarpPlayer

From what I've seen when I looked was the companies don't seem to have any faith either. What I've seen is the companies selling these systems offer no warranty but shift that to the installing franchise. That to me says the franchise business model may just be dissolving your business every few years and popping up as a new one...Bricks001

I don't know if that is the case, but it kinda made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when I was looking at it.... doh!

The other factor is that if you have to cut into the line to make changes or, repairs the protection in that area is damaged.

I'll wait for refinement of the system before I think about getting involved...
Seems like a bunch of snake oil to me...

Hainhi
03-11-2012, 04:08 PM
I kinda feel the same too. I was just looking for an alternative to typical repipe since the RRP rules will most of the time kick in when we have to open up old houses.

Other than the pipe lining, what about trenchless? Nu FLow offers $15000 system. Not sure how much LMK costs. I didn't ask Nu Flow if they have similar technology as with LMK or not.

Nhi

Redwood
03-11-2012, 04:21 PM
It might be a good idea to clarify yourself in this thread linked below before expecting more discussion...

http://draincleaningforum.com/showthread.php?3720-Newbee-and-I-m-here-to-learn

Cuda
03-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Nu Flow is a pull in place system and LMK is an air inversion system on 4-6" pipe. If I am spending 15k I want some machine to make it seem worth it to me I like to touch what I bought lol.

Hainhi
03-12-2012, 02:06 AM
They said $15K includes 150 feet of materials, plus all related equipment. I'm looking into LMK now. You just got the LMK, right Cuda?

Nhi

Cuda
03-12-2012, 01:19 PM
They said $15K includes 150 feet of materials, plus all related equipment. I'm looking into LMK now. You just got the LMK, right Cuda?

Nhi

150 feet of 6" is about $4k worth of material. So the rest might be some sort of pull cable and or rope, heads to block off each end to pressurize the liner and maybe a compressor and some misc items. Most lateral sewer lines would then need 2 pits to pull the line in unless using the basement. Might want to check into the system some more because they are mainly a water system that has expanded into sewers. Call and get the name of one of the contractors using the system to find out what the real deal is. Yes I just got the LMK system so we don't have to sub out lining anymore when we do a pipe burst job to take care of the sewer in the street side.

mytxplumber
08-09-2013, 02:07 PM
We just went to an epoxy domestic lining the other day that failed. The house is not that old either. The failure was on a 3/4 inch copper pipe that had a kink in it. From what the lady told us she had only been in the house a few years. The house was built in the late 80's. She was calling the number on the tag we found at one of the fixtures the house had been relined less than 5 years earlier. To make matters worse this started with a handyman looking for this leak. He tore the house all to hell looking for it under her kitchen. The bad thing about domestic epoxy pipe lining is the contractor hold all the warranty. At least with sanitary lining the manufacture has some liability. I have been lining for a couple of years now and have not had any issues yet. We have been looking into CIPP sense 1997 and have seen bad installs. I would tell anyone to do there homework before laying down there hard earned cash.

AllAround Plumbing 972-313-4659
http://mytxplumber.com/ (http://mytxplumber.com/)
https://www.facebook.com/allaround.plumbing (https://www.facebook.com/allaround.plumbing)