PDA

View Full Version : Interesting little job with lots of buried utilities.

Cuda
11-02-2011, 10:21 PM
only a little trenchless on this one. The cool part about the burster is the ability to replace a bad pipe under a walkway or driveway. Traditional methods would mean the concrete would need to be cut ope because if you dig under you undermine the soil and if the concrete gets cracks in the future it's your fault as the last guy that worked there. This house has underground power, cable,gas, and the normal sprinkler system. The Ridgid scout is a pretty good locater once you actually commit to using it to find utilities. I have the 10 watt energizer. I need to get another seektech as my last got stolen. The seektech was way faster on utility locates. Another neat bunch of tools that have really speeded up my ,.labor on these jobs is the addition of power wheelbarrows! They make the job of moving yards upon yards of 1.25" drainage rock not that terrible. Add my new Toro Dingo into the mix to load up all the spoils into the dump truck and my speed has increased a lot. We are sawing the driveway to install a drive over trench drain, then making a run through the yard picking up downspouts, surface catch basins and a french drain. My head guy says we look like Landscapers now lol.2997299829993000300130023003

Nayman
11-02-2011, 10:52 PM
only a little trenchless on this one. The cool part about the burster is the ability to replace a bad pipe under a walkway or driveway. Traditional methods would mean the concrete would need to be cut ope because if you dig under you undermine the soil and if the concrete gets cracks in the future it's your fault as the last guy that worked there. This house has underground power, cable,gas, and the normal sprinkler system. The Ridgid scout is a pretty good locater once you actually commit to using it to find utilities. I have the 10 watt energizer. I need to get another seektech as my last got stolen. The seektech was way faster on utility locates. Another neat bunch of tools that have really speeded up my ,.labor on these jobs is the addition of power wheelbarrows! They make the job of moving yards upon yards of 1.25" drainage rock not that terrible. Add my new Toro Dingo into the mix to load up all the spoils into the dump truck and my speed has increased a lot. We are sawing the driveway to install a drive over trench drain, then making a run through the yard picking up downspouts, surface catch basins and a french drain. My head guy says we look like Landscapers now lol.2997299829993000300130023003

Squzee What?

WTF is a French Drain?
Anything like a Ukarainian or Polish Drain?

Cuda
11-02-2011, 10:55 PM
French drain = trench drain, popular opinion is that in the 1700's an american invented placing pipe in a trench covered with gravel to drain water away from a structure. The french drain name I do not really know.

dcman
11-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Those dingos are awesome and cool as hell...I used one to break up a concrete road last year and it worked slick...

txmasterplumber
11-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Those dingos are awesome and cool as hell...I used one to break up a concrete road last year and it worked slick...

They are! I rented one here a couple months ago to cover up about 500' of trenched line I dug. Did the job quick, and was pretty fun too!

dcman
11-18-2011, 11:55 AM
They are! I rented one here a couple months ago to cover up about 500' of trenched line I dug. Did the job quick, and was pretty fun too!

The only thing cooler is a breaker bit on a bobcat....but its slower to use....but still cool!!!Bananna1