PDA

View Full Version : robotic cutting

Ian
09-04-2011, 07:22 AM
As you might expect from an industry leader, Lanes has the most advanced robotic cutting tools for opening up lateral connections after a sewer has been relined. Each point where a branch line joins the relined sewer is plotted. Once the liner is cured, the robotic cutter simply opens up those connections again to restore the flow. But there are other uses too. These precise cutting tools are so effective that we have used them to cut and grind out a whole range of obstructions found in pipes and sewers from steel piles which have been piled accidentally through sewers, to concrete, cement and other construction materials that have seeped into drainage systems. Even acrylics, resins, compacted brick dust and other production process materials that collect in pipes can be cut up into manageable pieces for removal, thanks to our robotic cutter.

ttVkotNy3Lk

Redwood
09-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Very impressive!

I've seen some cutters for jetting that can cut pipes protruding into a line, but this is definitely taking it to the next level...

Ian
09-04-2011, 03:35 PM
The next level for us, is jetting and CCTVing at the same time! i will start another thread later.

Cuda
09-04-2011, 09:51 PM
I already do that Ian or are you saying the camera can be right up there near the jet stream at the same time? I have to stay 5 to 12 feet back depending on how lucky I am feeling lol.